Streets of Rage - Consumer reviews
Welcome to the Streets of Rage Consumer Reviews Forum!

Streets of Rage - Consumer reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bare Knuckle & Streets of Rage games

HomeHome  UpdatesUpdates  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Great Nostalgia...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lyonthenecromancer

Lyonthenecromancer

My Great Nostalgia... Empty
PostSubject: My Great Nostalgia...   My Great Nostalgia... EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:54 pm

Hi everyone, I´m Lyonthenecromancer, but mostly known as Ienzo, but here, I prefer to be called by the first one.
I´m from Spain, and I played the first game long years ago, when I was kid, in the sega megadrive (is name in europe), with my cousin. I played a lot this game, because we always had fun, especially in the fourth stage, always throwing each other in the pit, but because of that, we never passed of stage 5 (not even fought the twins)

many years later, I was able to play the second and the third games via emulator, and playing SOR2 for first time alone, I barely reached Mr.X place, only to be defeated by Shiva... THAT BASTARD!! well, I was frustrated, but next time, I could defeat them, for good. but I was impressed with Shiva, the only enemy closest to a playable character, and I wanted to play with him.

and, I played the 3th game, but... it disapointed me in some things, like the graphics, the second was very superior. but the gameplay was good, and until 3 years ago, the existence of the secret characters was unknown for me.
well, the robot copy of Axel (Break) was a surprise for me, and I though that I could fight a robo copy of my character, but I was wrong.
and the Mr.X brain.. wtf was that? the most surprise in the game. and I hate Robot Y (Neo X in japan)... very frustating.

well, for now, that´s all I have to say.

P.S: sorry if I wrote something wrong, I´m skilled in english, but I´m not perfect
Back to top Go down
Sim

Sim

PostSubject: Re: My Great Nostalgia...   My Great Nostalgia... EmptySun May 20, 2012 11:21 am

Your experience from Streets of Rage 3 seems amazing, it was another impression that reminds me at the stage 3 where you mention about the bins, sometimes i missed my Axel flying kick and just drop down into it damn.
Back to top Go down
http://http//wix.com/shenjiawei/theatre
James
Admin
Admin
James

PostSubject: Re: My Great Nostalgia...   My Great Nostalgia... EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 8:18 am

Streets of Rage 2, as I understand, is the most well-received entry of the series, and it is not hard to see why. Nearly everything about it is great. It's only the second game and it already surpasses the graphics and gameplay mechanics of the original. The only real thing complaint-worthy is that some parts are crawling with annoying enemies and there is only one ending, when the first had a good ending where the heroes stopped Mr. X, and a bad ending where one of them became the leader of the syndicate.

Courtesy Reviews from: DoubleRansomKnuckle
Back to top Go down
Adam_Hunter

Adam_Hunter

PostSubject: Re: My Great Nostalgia...   My Great Nostalgia... EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:55 pm

I'll write down my experience with this game later but Shiva is not so hard to kill with my method, a little training and Blaze. What I do is using the width of the screen when he charges then move in front and use many charges (pressing 2 times the button into his direction then the #attack# button) several times and even if he's a tough enemy I already managed a few times to gain a total victory.
Back to top Go down
Sim

Sim

PostSubject: Re: My Great Nostalgia...   My Great Nostalgia... EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 3:04 am

This seems that you're going against him as a reversal attack.
Back to top Go down
http://http//wix.com/shenjiawei/theatre
CorkscrewBlowSoR3
SOR3 Adviser
SOR3 Adviser
CorkscrewBlowSoR3

PostSubject: Some problems I have with SoR2   My Great Nostalgia... EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 8:52 pm

I liked the first and third ones better. SoR2 took away the defensive throw (which would have helped when those obnoxious bikers grab players from behind) and is stiffer than the other two games. Also, allowing only Skate to run, instead of simply allowing all four heroes to run lacks consistency. Axel players would just tend to spam the Grand Upper to play the game. that's because the Grand Upper is rather powerful. What's weird about this move is that Axel players can't do as much damage with the Grand Upper if they include the 3rd punch in their combo. Another thing is that players cannot move toward an enemy to do a grab when they could in the first game. Also, the team attacks are gone, but at least players can throw their partners at enemies, as the partners being thrown can hold UP+C. It was just better with the Team Attacks, since they're more powerful and actually make a lot more sense to have kept than to have taken out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUXt7eOXeHp63EhEDMZS-ag
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Great Nostalgia...   My Great Nostalgia... Empty

Back to top Go down

My Great Nostalgia...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Streets of Rage - Consumer reviews  :: Community :: Gameplay Experience :: Streets of Rage Series :: Streets of Rage 2 :: Reviews :: Streets of Rage 2-
Jump to: