Streets of Rage - Consumer reviews
Welcome to the Streets of Rage Consumer Reviews Forum!

Streets of Rage - Consumer reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bare Knuckle & Streets of Rage games

HomeHome  UpdatesUpdates  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Port Forwarding

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CorkscrewBlowSoR3
SOR3 Adviser
SOR3 Adviser
CorkscrewBlowSoR3

Port Forwarding Empty
PostSubject: Port Forwarding   Port Forwarding EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 11:52 pm

WARNING:
This tutorial is not for a specific router, but it is an attempt at making a tutorial of how to port forward in general. I do not know how your router's web page works or what the login information for your router may be. You will have to look up the default information and TRY the default login information used for your type of router. I'm not sure if it will work, because it did for me, before I went and changed the password. If you ask me questions, I might not be able to solve exactly every problem.

EDIT: Here is a site where you can find how to port forward with your specific router if the site has information on it:
https://portforward.com/

Step 1 - Finding your IP Address:

= Go to your start menu.
= If you are on Windows 7 or Vista:
  - Type "cmd" in the search bar and run the "cmd.exe" that shows up.
  - Alternatively, you could also go to "Run" and type "cmd", like in Windows XP.
  - You could also look in "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe".

= If you are on Windows XP:
  - Go to "Run" and type "cmd".
  - You could also look in "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe".

Windows Vista/7
Port Forwarding Untitl10

Windows XP
Port Forwarding Xp_cmd

= Once you run Command Prompt, type "ipconfig". You will find your IP Address and the Default Gateway.

Port Forwarding Untitl11

Step 2 - Working With Your Router:

= Open up your Internet Browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.).
= Type in the Default Gateway that you got from Command Prompt. You're doing this because the Default Gateway is the Router's IP Address.

Port Forwarding Untitl13

= You will have to log into the router.

Port Forwarding Untitl14

= Now you're probably thinking, "What is my login information?" Well, the router would probably have its default information. You will have to look that stuff up, since I do not know what type of router you have. It's because the login information is different, as it depends on what type of router you have.
= If you managed to log in, you should look for something along the lines of "port forwarding", since that's the objective. It should be one of the Firewall Settings or something like that. If you want to, you can also find out how to change the router's password, but that's up to you.

It should say something like:
Port Forwarding Untitl15

= When you find where you are supposed to be, you have to create what is called a "New Port Forwarding Rule".

Here is an image showing you how it works:
Port Forwarding Untitl16

= Now I am going to tell you about it.
  - You will need to make a rule for a Custom Port.
  - Where it asks for your IP Address, just go back to the ipconfig information from Command Prompt, and put in your IP Address.
  - Where it asks you for the Source Port, make sure it's set to "Any".
  - Where it asks you for the Destination Port, you have to put in the port number for the application that you want to use. I just looked it up. Let's use the example "5394" for the application KEGA Fusion.
  - Where it asks you what port you want to forward to ("Forward to Port"), use the same port number you used for the Destination Port Number. Again, our example is 5394.
  - Make sure it is Scheduled for "Always".
  - For the WAN Connection Type, put "All Broadband Devices".
  - The protocol should be set to UDP, which I believe is what games use for netplay in the first place.
  - You should be done setting up your rule.

The rule I made looks like this on my router:
Port Forwarding Untitl17

= Once you successfully forward to the port, you can now log out of the router.

Step 3 - What IP Address Am I Hosting My Game With?

= The answer to that question can be found here: http://whatismyipaddress.com/

What you will see looks like this:
Port Forwarding Untitl18

= Like I wrote on the image, you, as the host of the netgame, must tell the other player what IP Address the site says you have. It's your EXTERNAL IP Address, which I believe is the IP Address you have on the internet. When I did it, I had to share this address. If this is not the address that works, I guess you'll have to try the one you found in Command Prompt.

That should conclude the tutorial. If this needs to be edited, tell me. I hope everything works for you.

Last edited by CorkscrewBlowSoR3 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUXt7eOXeHp63EhEDMZS-ag
Bladevampirek

Bladevampirek

Port Forwarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Forwarding   Port Forwarding EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 6:15 pm

Very Helpful Information - Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fighterscommunity.tk

Port Forwarding
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Streets of Rage - Consumer reviews  :: Community :: Gameplay Experience :: Global Meet up :: Global Network Solutions :: Worldwide Connections-
Jump to: